SV Paralegal Services

Selena vander Ploeg, Licensed Paralegal

Professional, Legal Representation


What Is A Paralegal?

Not sure what a Paralegal does or how they can help you?

Paralegals are independent legal practitioners, licensed by The Law Society of Upper Canada to provide legal services to members of the public. Paralegals are licensed and regulated the same way that lawyers are. Licensed Paralegals provide legal services and appear before certain lower courts and administrative tribunals. Paralegals represent you, your best interest and effectively help you through the court or tribunal system.   I will accompany you or go to court for you.

  • Do you have a traffic ticket?
  •  Need to collect money from someone who owes you?
  • Have landlord or tenant problems?
  • Summary criminal charge?
  • WSIB issues?
  • Human rights issues?  

The above list is just some of the legal matters that a Paralegal can help you with. Get in touch with me to set up a consultation, or use the contact form at the bottom of this page to inquire whether my services are right for you.




241031 Concession 3
Allenford, ON N0H 1A0

(519) 370-8925

FAX (800) 954-4220



Areas of Practice

Small claims & debt collection

In small claims court you can sue or defend claims up to $25,000. Your claim can be for unpaid rent, unpaid loans, property damage, personal injuries, unpaid invoices and breach of contract. Once you receive Judgment there are many methods to collect the outstanding amount owed to you. I am here to help you with that!



landlord & tenant board

A Paralegal will act as your legal representative in disputes between Landlord and Tenant. A Paralegal can help with:

  •  Non-payment of Rent
  • Termination of Tenancy
  • Maintenance
  • Rental Increase or Abatement
  • Sublet or Assignment
  • Demolition, Repair, or Personal Use
  • Illegal Occupant
  • Damage Recovery

traffic & provincial offences

Provincial Offences are minor non-criminal offences. 

  • The Highway Traffic Act - Speeding, careless driving, or not wearing a seat belt.
  • The Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act - Failing to surrender your insurance card, possessing a false or invalid insurance card, driving without insurance.
  • The Liquor Licence Act - Being intoxicated in a public place or selling alcohol to a minor.
  • Municipal By-laws - Building permits, noise, parking and animal care bylaws

administrative tribunals

Do you need legal representation in any of the following:

  • Work and Safety and Insurance Board
  • Disability Claims Appeal Board 
  • License Appeal Tribunal 
  • Human Rights Board 
  • Labor Relations Board 
  • Immigration and Refugee Board 
  • Social Benefits Tribunal

criminal matters

Paralegals can represent clients that are involved in summary convictions where the maximum penalty is 6 months jail. Summary criminal offences are less serious, punishable by shorter prison sentence and smaller fines.  You should definitely seek legal advice if you are facing criminal charges, a criminal conviction will change your life.



comissioner of oaths

If required by law, a person must be sworn in under oath before signing a document in the context of a procedure addressed to a ministry or agency.

As a Commissioner for Oaths, I offer to prepare your legal documents and sworn statements.  I am authorized to take oaths or affirmations at the signing of an affidavit or statutory declaration.


We must all obey the great law of change. It is the most powerful law of nature.
— Edmund Burke


Let's Chat.

Use the form below to contact me regarding your legal enquiry. Please be as detailed as possible. To help me best service your enquiry, I recommend that you first describe the issue you’re having before telling me what you want to achieve. You may also email or call me to make an appointment.

Name *
Please do not include confidential or sensitive information in your message. In the event that we are representing a party with opposing interests to your own, we may have a duty to disclose any information you provide to our client.